Sunderbans National Park comprises of the world's largest mangrove forest, which is also biologically the most productive area of all natural ecosystems that exist. Declared as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, Sunderbans forms the largest National Park and Tiger Reserve in India. A birdwatchers' paradise, it is a place where you can find masked minfoot, mangrove whistler and mangrove pitta. An undiscovered paradise, as you may call it; this place remains an alluring and attractive part of the earth which will take you closer to nature. Sunderbans is also home to over 250 tigers, including Bengal tigers that have adapted well to the aqua and saline environs. Join this trip to the vast and swampy delta of the two greatest Indian rivers - Ganges and Brahmaputra extending over areas comprising of swamps, forest islands and mangrove forests.
Arrive at Kolkata airport / railway station and drive to Godhkhali, a journey of about 3 hrs. We transfer you from Godhkhali jetty by motor boat to the resort/hotel located in the Sundarbans Islands. Later, we set off on motor boat and view wildlife from the Sajnekhali watchtower and visit the Sajnekhali Museum and Mangrove Interpretation Centre. Most of the tigers are sighted from this tower. Some other wildlife like axis deers, wild boars and crocodiles may also be seen from this watch tower. Stay Overnight at hotel/resort.
The second day involves cruising through the deep creeks and covering the watchtowers of Burir Dabri, Kumirmari as well as Morich Jhapi. Burirdabri is famous for its watchtower, a mudwalk and mangrove cage trail leading to a viewpoint known as Raimongal View Point. The Kumirmari watchtower offers an exciting view of the jungles. Overlooking an untamed forests cape, enjoy the sights and sounds of nature resplendent in her pristine virginal beauty. You can also take a stroll through the Kumirmari bazaar if you want to have a first-hand view of a typical rustic Indian market place. Stay Overnight at hotel/resort.
Enjoy full day forest excursion through the creeks of riverine way of the dense forest & explore the largest mangrove forest of the world - Sundarbans. The Netidhopani watchtower offers one a view of the ruins of a 400 year old Shiva Temple. It is also believed that there is a road on the extreme right of the forest which was built by King Pratapaditya to guard the coastal area. It is now covered with earth. There is also a sweet water pond. This watch tower has a capacity to host 20 persons at a time.
If time allows, we set off for a visit to a village and learn about the experiences of the villagers in the forest. Meet the fishermen, the Honey Collectors as well as the woodcutters and share their experiences of the Jungle. After lunch at the resort/boat, we depart for Godhkhali to be transferred to Kolkata. Arrive at Kolkata & transfer to the railway station/airport.
- 03 nights 4days accommodation
- Welcome Drink
- All meals during the Stay(Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Pick up and drop from Airport/Railway station by AC vehicle
- Jeep Safaris
- All current applicable taxes
- Airfare and Rail Tickets.
- Service tax @ 3.09% extra on the above rates.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any kind of personal expenses, extra meals, starters & Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated etc).
- Any kind of optional tours.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls, Guide Fee & Camera Fee.
- Medical & Travel insurance.
- Anything not mentioned under the category "PACKAGE INCLUSIONS".
- There are limited safari vehicles allowed to enter in the national parks and are most difficult to book at a short notice. Please book your tour much in advance.
- Hotel confirmations are subject to availability. In case of unavailability, an alternate hotel in similar category will be booked and customer will be notified of the same.
- Check-in and check-out time at all hotels is 12 noon unless otherwise specified.