Sunderbans National Park comprises of the world's largest mangrove forest, which is also biologically the most productive area of all natural ecosystems that exist. Declared as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, Sunderbans forms the largest National Park and Tiger Reserve in India. A birdwatchers' paradise, it is a place where you can find masked minfoot, mangrove whistler and mangrove pitta. An undiscovered paradise, as you may call it; this place remains an alluring and attractive part of the earth which will take you closer to nature. Sunderbans is also home to over 250 tigers, including Bengal tigers that have adapted well to the aqua and saline environs. Join this trip to the vast and swampy delta of the two greatest Indian rivers - Ganges and Brahmaputra extending over areas comprising of swamps, forest islands and mangrove forests.
Drive from Kolkatta to Basanti port by car (3 hrs), passing through the picturesque countryside of Bengal. Start boat launch from Gosaba. A short ride by local rickshaw will take you to the entrance of the Sundarbans forest. Pay a afternoon visit to the forest museum & watch different species residing in the mangrove world of the Sunderbans. Spend evening at leisure. Overnight stay inside the Sundarbans forest lodge.
After breakfast visit the Sundarbans forest and enjoy a full day cruise by boat through the creeks of the dense forest. Visit Pakhiralya, Sudhanyakhali Watch Tower, Netidhopani Watch Tower & also other points of the Sundarbans forest. Enjoy an entertaining evening of special local religious / Kolkatta song ?Banbibi Pala?. Dinner and night halt at forest lodge.
Early morning visit to the local village Rangabelia related with Tagore society for rural development project. After having lunch, transfer for Kolkata.
- 02 nights 3days accommodation
- Welcome Drink
- All meals during the Stay(Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Pick up and drop from Airport/Railway station by AC vehicle
- Jeep Safaris
- All current applicable taxes
- Airfare and Rail Tickets.
- Service tax @ 3.09% extra on the above rates.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any kind of personal expenses, extra meals, starters & Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated etc).
- Any kind of optional tours.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls, Guide Fee & Camera Fee.
- Medical & Travel insurance.
- Anything not mentioned under the category "PACKAGE INCLUSIONS".
- There are limited safari vehicles allowed to enter in the national parks and are most difficult to book at a short notice. Please book your tour much in advance.
- Hotel confirmations are subject to availability. In case of unavailability, an alternate hotel in similar category will be booked and customer will be notified of the same.
- Check-in and check-out time at all hotels is 12 noon unless otherwise specified.