Tucked into the fringes of the mighty mountain ranges of the Western Ghats, Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary is in the districts of Idukki and Pathanamthitta in Kerala. Nestled along the banks of the lake that was formed with the building of Mullaperiyar dam in 1895, Periyar is one of the biggest and best tiger reserves in the country. Located amidst the lush green Cardamom Hills and Pandalam Hills of the Southern Western Ghats, Periyar is bestowed with immense natural beauty and tranquillity. The reservoir and the river that winds around the wooded hills offer the ideal habitat for the wildlife to thrive without human intervention. A Periyar wildlife tour essentially involves elephant safari and a boat cruise in the lake that offers the best chances to spot herds of elephants, bison and other animals safely from the boat.
You will be met on your arrival at Cochin airport /railway station and transferred to the resort in Periyar (175 kms/04 hrs). The Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary is one of the best maintained wildlife sanctuaries in Southern India, giving an opportunity of spotting elephants, leopards, tigers and bisons, amongst various other species of flora and fauna. The park also has a beautiful lake at the heart of the sanctuary which is formed with the building of a dam in 1895. Upon arrival in Periyar, check into the resort and enjoy rest of the time at leisure in the resort. Stay Overnight at Periyar.
Known as protected wildlife reserve, the Periyar National Park is situated right at the heart of Pandalam Hills and Cardamom Hills of Southern Western Ghats. Early morning, we will go for a jungle walk in Periyar National Park with an opportunity to witness the inhabits of wild animals. After the jungle walk, we come back to the hotel & have breakfast. In the afternoon, we leave for the safari & enjoy a boat cruise on the Periyar Lake. Unlike almost every other National Park in India, Safaris in the Periyar Tiger reserve are mainly conducted by boats in the Lake Periyar. This is an incredible way to experience the Periyar Wildlife sanctuary. The artificial Periyar lake, which encircles the wildlife areas, adds beauty to the sanctuary. In addition to Elephants, the other animals seen in the Periyar sanctuary are Gaur, Wild Pigs, Sambar, Barking Deer, Mouse Deer, Dole or Indian Wild Dog. In the evening, we go for a walking tour to the spice garden that are scattered all over Periyar. Stay overnight at Periyar.
After having breakfast at the hotel, you will drive back to Kochi & will be dropped at the airport /railway station for your onward journey.
- 02 nights 3days accommodation
- Welcome Drink
- All meals during the Stay(Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Pick up and drop from Airport/Railway station by AC vehicle
- Jeep Safaris
- All current applicable taxes
- Airfare and Rail Tickets.
- Service tax @ 3.09% extra on the above rates.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any kind of personal expenses, extra meals, starters & Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated etc).
- Any kind of optional tours.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls, Guide Fee & Camera Fee.
- Medical & Travel insurance.
- Anything not mentioned under the category "PACKAGE INCLUSIONS".
- There are limited safari vehicles allowed to enter in the national parks and are most difficult to book at a short notice. Please book your tour much in advance.
- Hotel confirmations are subject to availability. In case of unavailability, an alternate hotel in similar category will be booked and customer will be notified of the same.
- Check-in and check-out time at all hotels is 12 noon unless otherwise specified.