Nagarhole National Park in Karnataka is located in Kodagu district in Karnataka. Also known as Rajiv Gandhi National Park, it became the 37th Project Tiger reserve in the country in 1999. Falling within the bio diversity hotspot of Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve, Nagerhole National Park is under consideration to be listed in the World Heritage Site list of UNESCO. The national park has an awe inspiring setting with streams, hills, valleys and waterfalls and a good blend of thick jungles and open spaces along the river banks, which makes it ideal for wildlife watching. It is a good holiday destination not just for wild life trails but also for a laid back holiday in the lap of Mother Nature. Check out our Nagarhole wildlife tour packages to get the most of the holidays in this wild life reserve.
Upon arrival at Calicut/ Bangalore, our representative will receive you at the railway station, airport and will transfer you to the resort in Nagarhole. Nagarhole National Park, referred as Rajiv Gandhi National Park, is a popular tiger & elephant reserve of India, and houses more than 270 species of birds. Designated as National Park in the year 1988, the forest is one of the popular destinations for jungle activities & is a protected forest that is known mostly for preserving Tigers and Elephants species. Arrive Nagarhole, check into your hotel and enjoy rest of the time at leisure in the resort. Stay Overnight at Nagarhole.
Nagarhole forest was given its name after the Sanskrit word Naga which means Snake which is a reference used to the snake-structured streams that flow through here. Today, we will enjoy 02 wildlife safaris in the jungle to get closely acquainted with the flora and fauna of Nagarhole. With increasing popularity of Nagarhole National Park each day, UNESCO is considering to include it in World Heritage Sites. During the safaris, one can spot animal and bird species like tiger, leopard, Indian bison or gaur, sambar, red giant flying squirrel, spotted deer or chital, spotted deer or chital, bamboo pit viper, common wolf snake Malabar grey hornbill, red headed vulture, Indian scimitar babbler etc. Stay overnight at Nagarhole.
Early morning, we will have our last Safari / Game Drive into the Nagarhole National Park. Return to the hotel & have breakfast before you drive back to Calicut railway station to board the train for your onward journey.Early morning, we will have our last Safari / Game Drive into the Nagarhole National Park. Return to the hotel & have breakfast before you drive back to Calicut railway station to board the train for your onward journey.
- 03 nights 4days accommodation
- Welcome Drink
- All meals during the Stay(Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Pick up and drop from Airport/Railway station by AC vehicle
- Jeep Safaris
- All current applicable taxes
- Airfare and Rail Tickets.
- Service tax @ 3.09% extra on the above rates.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any kind of personal expenses, extra meals, starters & Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated etc).
- Any kind of optional tours.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls, Guide Fee & Camera Fee.
- Medical & Travel insurance.
- Anything not mentioned under the category "PACKAGE INCLUSIONS".
- There are limited safari vehicles allowed to enter in the national parks and are most difficult to book at a short notice. Please book your tour much in advance.
- Hotel confirmations are subject to availability. In case of unavailability, an alternate hotel in similar category will be booked and customer will be notified of the same.
- Check-in and check-out time at all hotels is 12 noon unless otherwise specified.