Keoladeo National Park formerly known as the Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary is located in Bharatpur, Rajasthan. It is famous for being home to a variety of birds and animals including migratory birds that flock this sanctuary during winter season. An erstwhile waterfowl hunting ground, Keoladeo National Park is a man-made wetland, which is also listed as a World Heritage Site. Sir Peter Scott, the famous British ornithologist has rated Keoladeo Sanctuary as the world's best bird area. Keoladeo is blessed with a postcard pretty setting that comprises of marsh lands and thick wooded trees and canopy, which makes it a perfect perching pad for the birds. Keoladeo safari is an exciting option to see the birds from close. This small and compact park can also easily be explored on foot, a relaxing activity in the company of your friends or family.
You will be met on your arrival at Bharatpur railway station and will be transferred to the hotel. Arguably the best water bird sanctuary in India (Some would say in the world), Keoladeo National Park is the World Heritage site & is the perfect home to almost thousands of birds from across the world. Nesting indigenous water birds and migratory water birds specifically the Siberian Crane, the Bharatpur Sanctuary also boasts with many species of Sambar, Chital, Nilgai and Boar. Amazingly, at least 230 species of birds have made this sanctuary their favorite home and is the most favorable and protected zone for them. Upon arrival, check into the hotel & relax for rest of the day. Stay overnight at Bharatpur.
Today we will have 02 safaris in the park. Also known as Bharatpur Sanctuary, it is one of the oldest wild reserves in India and was created 250 years ago when it was named after the Keoladeo (Shiva) temple within its boundaries. The park is also referred as Ghana National Park since 'Ghana' means dense referring to the thick forest that covers the whole Bharatpur area. The numerous counts of the bird species are the major attractions for the tourists in Bharatpur. These species fly through distant places like Siberia and Central Asia specifically in winters. Migratory birds at Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary include several species of Cranes, Pelicans, Geese, Ducks, Eagles, Hawks, Shanks, Stints, Wagtails, Warblers, Wheatears, Flycatchers, Buntings, Larks and Pipits, etc. Along with that some major counts of Sambal, Chital, Nilgai and Boar can also be found at the sanctuary. Stay overnight at Bharatpur.
After having breakfast at the hotel, you will be transferred to the railway station to board the train for your onward journey.
- 02 nights 3days accommodation
- Welcome Drink
- All meals during the Stay(Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Pick up and drop from Airport/Railway station by AC vehicle
- Jeep Safaris
- All current applicable taxes
- Airfare and Rail Tickets.
- Service tax @ 3.09% extra on the above rates.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any kind of personal expenses, extra meals, starters & Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated etc).
- Any kind of optional tours.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls, Guide Fee & Camera Fee.
- Medical & Travel insurance.
- Anything not mentioned under the category "PACKAGE INCLUSIONS".
- There are limited safari vehicles allowed to enter in the national parks and are most difficult to book at a short notice. Please book your tour much in advance.
- Hotel confirmations are subject to availability. In case of unavailability, an alternate hotel in similar category will be booked and customer will be notified of the same.
- Check-in and check-out time at all hotels is 12 noon unless otherwise specified.