Gir Forest National Park in Gujarat is the last home of the Asiatic lions and Gir National Park safari is the best option to see the lord of the jungle from close quarters. Located 43 km. from Somnath, Gir enjoys a diverse topography that is interspersed with seven major perennial rivers and the biggest reservoir in the area, the Kamleshwar Dam, which ensure surface water all through the year. Enjoy an early morning jeep safari to see the lions and other wildlife in the park. Some of the most popular routes for a drive are Sasan-Kamaleshwar Dam, Sasan-Kankai, Sasan-Chodavdi and Sasan-Tulsishyam routes. Gir wildlife tours are the best options to explore the lion pugmarks of Gir and to know more about the social habits and hunting techniques of this highly intelligent animal.
Upon arrival at Rajkot airport, you will be met & received by our representative and will be transferred to your hotel in Gir National Park. Last home of the Asiatic Lion, Gir National Park is a dry deciduous habitat for the lions, dominated by short and gnarled teak trees, thorn bushes and grassland. Within the Sanctuary, there are several human settlements of cattle herders, the Madharis, with an extensive count of livestock, all of who co-exist harmoniously with the animals of the wild. Arrive Gir, check into your hotel and relax for rest of the day. Evening is free at leisure to explore the local area. Stay Overnight at Gir National Park.
Early morning, Jeep Safari into the Gir Forest National Park, well known as the remaining habitat of the Asiatic Lion. Gir is also known as the place to see leopards, spotted deer (chital), peafowl and raptors. After the safari, we return for breakfast at the hotel. After lunch in the afternoon, we get ready for another thrilling Game Drive / Jeep Safari into the Gir Forest National Park. Some of the other mammals in the forest are nilgai, sambar, chousinga, wild boar, ruddy mongoose, langurs, jungle cats, striped hyenas, Indian porcupine and chinkara. Stay Overnight at Gir National Park.
Early morning, we will have our last Jeep Safari / Game Drive into the Gir Forest National Park. Return to the hotel & have breakfast before you drive back to Rajkot Airport to board the flight for your onward journey.
- 02 nights 3days accommodation
- Welcome Drink
- All meals during the Stay(Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Pick up and drop from Airport/Railway station by AC vehicle
- Jeep Safaris
- All current applicable taxes
- Airfare and Rail Tickets.
- Service tax @ 3.09% extra on the above rates.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any kind of personal expenses, extra meals, starters & Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated etc).
- Any kind of optional tours.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls, Guide Fee & Camera Fee.
- Medical & Travel insurance.
- Anything not mentioned under the category "PACKAGE INCLUSIONS".
- There are limited safari vehicles allowed to enter in the national parks and are most difficult to book at a short notice. Please book your tour much in advance.
- Hotel confirmations are subject to availability. In case of unavailability, an alternate hotel in similar category will be booked and customer will be notified of the same.
- Check-in and check-out time at all hotels is 12 noon unless otherwise specified.